Boy Scouts & Youth Groups
NonProfit Youth Group and Scout Packages
Youth Group Trips with Seven Or More Persons
Paddle the Quiet Side®
River Point Outfitting Co. in Ely, MN offers special canoe trip packages and outfitting, with discounted rates, for youth groups such as Boy Scouts BSA, Girl Scouts GSA, high adventure groups, church groups, and other non-profit organizations for Boundary Waters travel.
Why Should Your Youth Group Choose River Point?
PREMIER LAKE BASED LOCATION
- Sited on Birch Lake and the South Kawishiwi River, River Point is a short 8.5 miles from Ely, Minnesota, on the southeastern edge of the Boundary Waters Canoe Area. This enviable location offers an ideal northern Minnesota wilderness lake setting to begin your canoe trip.
- River Point Outfitting Co. is the only Boundary Waters canoe outfitter located at this strategic location offering direct paddle access to and from eleven different entry points in the Ely/Isabella area, plus service is provided to all other entry points for Boundary Waters or Quetico canoe trips.
- River Point's private peninsula is so vast there are many places where your group can gather to socialize, review your plans, take part in some of the complimentary outdoor recreation options, and relax the day before the start canoe trip.
- River Point Outfitting Co. has been offering BWCA canoe trips since 1944. Attention to detail is the hallmark of quality, and River Point excels at noting all the details in their outfitting service. History and Family Tradition.
- Custom designed trips. Following conversations with you regarding the U. S. Forest Service permit system and background information on the Boundary Waters and possible entry point areas and routes that your group may want to explore, the entry point will be selected and reserved for you.
- There certainly is an advantage for your youth group to use the services of a private canoe outfitting company. River Point is both extremely flexible in working with you to create the very best canoe trip, and also very inclusive in what is offered in the complete outfitting packages.
- Professional, individual service is the norm at River Point. You can expect professional and individual service from River Point Outfitting Co.
TRIP ROUTING & ORIENTATION SESSION
- Knowledgeable outfitting staff will provide a professional and personalized in-depth Trip Routing and Orientation Session when you arrive at our headquarters. Arriving the day prior to the canoe trip start allows for a more leisurely session and is encourage
- The specifics of the route options from the entry point selected for your youth group trip will be discussed using large waterproof routing maps.
- In addition to discussing possible route options, knowledgeable, seasoned staff will also point out campsite locations and information related to such, along with portages to be taken. Pertinent fishing trip information will be shared if your group desires a fishing focused canoe trip, as well as the BWCAW Rules and Regulations of wilderness canoeing and camping.
Paddle the Quiet Side®
A quintessential Boundary Waters campsite
NATIONAL PRESS RECOGNITION
- River Point Outfitting Co. was showcased on the CBS Early Show--only canoe outfitter in the Ely and the Gunflint area of Minnesota to be selected for this honor. Corresponding with the Early Show presentation was a feature article in Outside Traveler Magazine. BWCA canoe adventures with River Point was one of just four travel adventures in the U.S. that was selected for inclusion in this article. More>>
- At the same time, Experience Life Magazine (Lifetime Fitness) featured Boundary Waters canoe trips with River Point Outfitting Co. in an article entitled, "Away-From-It-All-Wilderness". National press recognition like this has to be earned.
- When you outfit with River Point you will be selecting an outfitter that has the professional service, knowledge, impeccable facility, and years of experience to be selected for national press recognition.
River Point's Ultralight Complete Package has national brand name equipment that is all inclusive...knives, forks, stove and fuel, sleep bags and pads, maps, all the food for every meal on the trail, and much more. You arrive with your personal clothing, personal hygiene products, first aid kit, compass, and rod and reel, if you will fish. The rest is packed and ready for your group. No hassle and very easy on the budget.
- A 5-day, 4-night completely outfitted trip is $57 per person/day, or $285 for the 5 days. Now, that is value!
ULTRALIGHT COMPLETE OUTFITTING PACKAGE
Boundary Waters Scouts, church youth canoe groups and other organized youth groups receive the same lightweight, clean equipment, Trip Routing, showers, safe van transport, and professional service as other canoeing guests who select the Ultralight Complete Outfitting Package, but at a reduced rate!
Use of the adjacent River Point Resort facility before the trip.
Complimentary use of:
- Floating Island Rafts
Pre-trip Planning and Consultation "We spend the time."
Trip Planning and Orientation Session with Expert Staff Routers. Waterproof maps included
Lightweight Equipment (tents, sleep bags, therm-a-rest sleep pads, packsacks, etc.), and aluminum canoes
Transportation To and From most Ely area entry points without additional fee
Showers After the Canoe Trip (provide own towels)
Complimentary Tent Camping Area the night before the canoe trip. Scenic lakefront location with water views
Complimentary personalized canoe instruction from the experienced and friendly River Point staff
Safe On-Site Vehicle Parking
Great tasting, lightweight Food Selections from our Menu Planner
Bountiful Breakfast for the entire group the morning of the canoe trip---delicious and filling!
Boy Scout trip group enjoying one of River Point's fresh breakfasts.
Overnight bunkhouse lodging options before and after the canoe trip is also available at a fee of $19 per person (limited availability).
River Point offers youth groups an incredible package value for the money spent.
River Point arranges adventure canoe trips for dozens of church youth groups, boy and girl scout groups, sport teams, and high school classes each canoeing season. Let River Point's expertise help you as you begin your planning process.
I am writing to thank you and your staff for making our trip so enjoyable. As you know, this was the second year we chose to use River Point Outfitting Co. as our outfitter. Your experience and support was outstanding.
As a trip leader it is a great comfort to know I can focus all my energy on my students and not have to worry about equipment, transportation, or food. We had plenty of food even for our "boys" group, and the equipment provided was everything we needed.
The overnight accommodations followed by the excellent breakfast really helps our budget and makes the start of the trip easy and enjoyable. In addition, I really appreciate your staff training our students at your facility prior to our entry to the BWCA along with their
Again, it makes my job so much easier when I can just focus on our kids. I am looking forward to continuing to bring our students to the BWCA and you can be assured we will use your service again next year.
-John W., Trip Leader
-Oak Grove Lutheran School, Fargo, ND
For rate information and to receive a comprehensive Youth Group Canoe Trip Guide please contact River Point Outfitting at 1.800.456.5580, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To qualify for discounted outfitting youth group rates, your group must be a member of a Non-Profit Organization, such as the Girl and Boy Scouts of America, a Church Group,
A minimum group size of seven persons, with the majority being youth, age 17 and under, plus other criteria must be met to qualify for the discounted non-profit youth group canoe trip rates. (Outlined in the Youth Group Canoe Trip Guide).
Should you have more than the 9 person limit, which is the maximum allowed under one permit by the U.S.F.S. regulations, your group would simply divide into subgroups of 9 or less persons. River Point has no maximum on the number of persons that can be outfitted.
With larger groups, it is always a good idea to begin the planning process earlier, rather than later. Contact River Point Outfitting Co. with all your questions. We take all the time that is needed to discuss more about your trip.
Please email or call for more information for this special package.
Paddle the Quiet Side®
River Point Outfitting Co. Ely Outfitters™
Copyright ©2001 - 2018 River Point Outfitting Co.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED