- Deposit/prepayment on Complete and Partial Outfitting canoe trips are guaranteed and nonrefundable. Deposit may be paid with Visa, M/C, Discover, or American Express credit card. Your credit card will be debited upon receipt.
- Credit card surcharge of 4% is applicable on all deposits.
- Credit card is required for payment of the necessary US Forest Service Travel Permit and User Fees.
- Bunkhouse, Cabin, Chalet, or Villa Resort Lodging reservations are prepaid prior to arrival date with a credit card.
- Contact River Point Outfitting Co. at 1.218-365-6604 to remit your Visa, M/C, Discover, or American Express credit card number.
Final Payment Information
Final balance of payment due upon Registration and payable with Cash or Bank Cashier’s Check.
- If you wish to remit the final payment at Registration with a credit card, that is totally acceptable. However, a 4% credit card surcharge is applicable.
- Personal or business check accepted for final payment only if received 20 days or more prior to arrival date.
- Personal checks are not accepted at Registration.
- Additional persons joining your party at the time of Registration will be charged accordingly.
Organized Non-Profit Youth Groups must remit final payment in advance of arrival with an Organizational Check. Canoe trips reserved as gifts require a prepayment with personal or business check.
- Invoices for packages, equipment, canoes, and services of less than $500 are prepaid in advance of arrival with a credit card which is subject to a 4% credit card surcharge.
- A Guest Folio with “Confirmation of Reservation” and an itemized statement of charges will be emailed. Please note: You are financially responsible for what you have reserved.
- Outfitting rates subject to 7.375% MN sales/county tax. Resort Lodging rates subject to 7.375% MN sales/county tax and local 4% tax. Resort Cabin, Villa, Chalet Lodging, and Bunkhouse rates subject to 6% resort fee.
- Fishing Licenses, Bait, Van Transport Gas Surcharge, Permit, and USFS User Fees are not included in the outfitting rates.
- There are no refunds for complete or partially outfitted trips for late arrivals, that end early, for canoes and equipment returned early, or for any unused food, transportation, or accommodations.
- Guide Gratuities are generally 15-20% of the package rate and are greatly appreciated and discretionary. Other outfitting staff gratuities are encouraged.
- Rates subject to change without notice.
A repacking charge of $50 per permit will be incurred if your party size decreases from the original reservation and notification by mail, fax, or e-mail has not been received by RPO at least 21 days prior to your Arrival/Check-In date. If notification is received less than 5 days prior to your Arrival/Check-In date, the repacking fee is $100-$150 dependent upon package/equipment rented; staff time for packing, unpacking, repacking.
Repacking charge applies to all last-minute decrease in party size. NO EXCEPTIONS Repacking requires additional staff time to unpack all pack sacks, and then repack them once again–in most cases, new canoe assignments, if available, must also be made. Change in canoe assignment is subject to availability at the time of your change in plans.
Cancellation of Canoe Trip Reservation:
In the event of cancellation of reservation of the canoe trip, deposit fees and prepayments are nonrefundable.
Cancellations More Than 30 Days Prior to the Arrival Date
In the event of a Cancellation of the entire Canoe Trip Reservation, deposit and prepayment are not refunded. If written notice is received by RPO more than 30 days prior to the Arrival/Check-In date, the trip may be rescheduled for another date this season or next year. Money on account applicable to outfitting of the canoe trip (packages, equipment, canoes, food, transport fees, etc.) would be transferable to the new trip date for the same number of persons, length of trip, and package reserved that was in the cancelled reservation.
Cancellations Less Than 30 Days Prior to the Arrival Date
If a Cancellation of the entire Canoe Trip Reservation occurs less than 30 days prior to the Arrival/Check In date, or in the case of a “no-show” reservation, the permit party leader is financially responsible for the entire balance of payment due as indicated in the Confirmation. Leader will be expected to remit payment immediately with Visa, M/C, Discover, or Amex. A 4% credit card surcharge is applicable. This guideline reflects the significant burden of last-minute cancellations or “no shows” on staff.
- Deposit or prepayment of resort lodging (vacation homes, villas, chalets), bunkhouse, and tent camping lodging is nonrefundable and nontransferable to a new date
- Permit handling fee is nonrefundable and nontransferable
- USFS Travel Fee is nonrefundable and nontransferable
- Deposits/prepayment from individuals who cancel out of the trip are nonrefundable and nontransferable to the rest of the Group.
- Full payment for the balance of charges for any individual(s) within a Group cancelling out of the trip is required prior to trip start.
River Point Resort, Inc. & Outfitting Co., Inc. assumes no responsibility for accidents, wrongful death caused by negligence or any other cause, personal injuries of any kind, property damage or loss of vehicles or watercraft, nor is RPO responsible for loss or damage to personal valuables.
River Point Resort, Inc & Outfitting Co. owners, management and staff make every reasonable effort to serve guests safely, but assume no responsibility or liability for any hazard associated with these trips or for the choices and/or decisions made regarding the route or any facet of the canoe trip your group makes either prior to the start of the trip or during it. Party Leader and group are responsible for themselves and the decisions made during the trip, and for any loss or damage to equipment and canoes, without exception, including damage or loss due to an “act of Mother Nature.”
Loss and Damage
Renter is financially responsible for any loss and/or damage to canoes or rental equipment.
Home Owner’s Insurance & Travel Insurance
- Check into your Home Owner’s Insurance for financial coverage for loss and/or damage to canoes and rental equipment. It is highly recommended.
- River Point Outfitting Company is not liable for delays, cancellation or interruption of a trip caused by air carriers, private air transport, taxi service or other ground transport, inclement weather, change of plans, medical reasons, or other reasons.
- Travel Insurance is available and may protect you against circumstances that may cause you to interrupt or cancel your trip and can offer peace of mind.
- We strongly advise arrival in Ely the day prior to the start of your canoe trip.
- You may wish to look at Forbes Advisor Travel Insurance: Best Travel Insurance Companies for their analysis of various companies that offer “Cancel for Any Reason” insurance.
- River Point does not sell travel insurance nor do we receive compensation for recommendations. Three companies you may wish to check into are:
Travel Guard: 1-800-826-1300
Access America (Allianz): 1-800-284-8300
QuoteWright Travel Insurance: 1-800-821-4940
We strongly advise arrival in Ely the day prior to the start of your canoe trip to allow for a more relaxed start to your canoe trip adventure.