LODGING AT RIVER POINT OUTFITTING CO.
Boundary Waters canoe trip lodging is available at the Paddle the Quiet Side® location of River Point Outfitting Co. for canoeing guests going into the famous Boundary Waters Canoe Area wilderness. Most guests arrive the day prior to their trip to accommodate the need for orientation and final route planning, to review paddling skills, to fish, swim, or relax. Your Boundary Waters canoe trip lodging is available at River Point along with most everything else needed for your canoe trip.
BUNKHOUSES – LAKEFRONT – SUNDECKS
- Lakefront with sweeping west views to catch the setting sunsets. Excellent location.
- Spacious sundecks with a new covered canopy.
- New lounging chairs.
- Picnic tables provided for dining and conversation.
- A fire pit is adjacent to the Bunkhouses with complimentary firewood, split and stacked.
- Each private Bunkhouse has a private entrance.
- Two sets of twin bunk beds in each Bunkhouse.
- Sleep bags are provided for completely outfitted groups without fee the night before the canoe trip.
- $21/night per person the night prior to the canoe trip (minimum of $63/night per Bunkhouse).
SHOWER HOUSES – CUSTOM CERAMIC TILE – CLEAN PRIVACY
- Private, spacious shower and restroom facilities are beautifully appointed with high quality custom ceramic tile and craftsmanship.
- Sink area with large mirrors and appointments.
- Excellent lighting, cleanliness, and privacy.
- Showers restroom facility are complimentary before and after the canoe trip for completely outfitted guests.
- Partial outfitted guests renting a canoe may enjoy a complimentary shower after the canoe trip.
- Due to limited bunkhouse availability, this lodging choice is generally not an option for groups after their canoe trip.
- Please refer to Chalets for Boundary Waters canoe trip lodging options after the canoe trip.
- Groups that have all their own canoes and equipment, and just need lodging, should refer to either River Point Chalets or Villas for lodging choices.
“We had arranged to stay in a bunkhouse for the night before we set out on our trip. Having used several other outfitters in the past, we didn’t have very high expectations for the bunkhouse accommodations we’d find. However, we were pleased to discover the bunkhouses were clean and comfortable, with a table and sundeck, we could use to organize our gear for the trip. The nearby private bath and shower rooms were a pleasant surprise as well. Updated and modern, and so clean, they were just what we needed after a long drive north. As evening settled in, we were able to enjoy a campfire and the fire ring outside the bunkhouse and gaze at the stars we would get to know so well over the next five days.”
– Chip M., St. Charles, MN
TENT CAMPING AREA – LAKEFRONT
- Tent Camping Area with bathroom facilities adjacent.
- $12/night per person the night before the canoe trip.
- Pitch your own tent without fee.
- No tents? Rent a River Point tents at $10 per person
- Sleeping bags and sleep pads are provided without fee for completely outfitted groups the night before the canoe trip
- Sleeping bags and sleep pads may be rented by completely outfitted groups the night after the canoe trip.
- Refer to Canoe and Camping Equipment Rentals for sleep bag and sleep pad rates.
Chalets: BOUNDARY WATERS CANOE TRIP LODGING CHOICE
River Point Chalets
- Beautiful, spacious one-bedroom chalets for up to 4-5 persons
- Full kitchens with electric appliances, including dishwasher, drip coffee pots, and all other equipment.
- Airy, light-filled living room.
- Comfortable log furnishings with designer touches.
- In floor radiant heat throughout so at cooler times of the season, you feet are warm.
- Beautiful custom ceramic bath with spacious showers.
- Air Conditioned
- Private sundeck with tables and chairs, lounging chairs, and gas grill to enjoy the lake and forest views.
- Save by dining-in, instead of at a restaurant. Local grocery stores have plenty of great food options.
The Chalets are a high comfort Boundary Waters canoe trip lodging choice. You may also select lakefront lodging in one of River Point’s villas.
Boundary Waters canoe trip lodging options following the canoe trip: Chalets and Villas. Ely is just a 10-12 minute drive away with many cafes and restaurants serving breakfast, or dine in with your own breakfast prior to checking out of your Chalet or Villa.
SAFE PARKING – CANOE INSTRUCTION – BAIT & TACKLE SHOP
- Safe on-site Parking is available, without charge, for completely outfitted guests, and partially outfitted groups renting a minimum of one canoe per vehicle.
- Personalized, friendly, and complimentary canoeing instruction available to brush up on your skills or learn for the first time.
- Bait & Tackle shop, with proven Boundary Waters outfitter lures and bait
- Complimentary fish cleaning between 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
- Shore fishing from the central Marina docks
BEACHES – FLOATING ISLAND RAFTS -FREE KAYAKS & SUP’S
- Two sand beaches to swim at before and after the canoe trip. Enjoy the swimming weather.
- Floating island raft with slide offers fun water times at the north beach; hard surface swim-to raft at the south beach.
- Complimentary (SUP’s) stand up paddle boards, paddle boats, and sit-on-top kayaks, plus child size playaks.
LODGE – GIFT SHOP – HIKING TRAIL – GUEST LAUNDRY
- Wildwood Lodge, completely finished in knotty pine, featuring a beautifully appointed lounging area with stone fireplace, and a snack and beverage bar, serving beer, sodas, ice cream, pizza, and more
- Wolf Den Gift Shop, offering authentic North Country gifts, souvenirs and camping necessities
- Trail of Reflections Hiking Trail with more than 2 miles of lake shoreline and forest hiking
- Guest Laundry to take care of soiled garments before heading home.
SUNRISE AND SUNSET DECKS
- Sunrise and sunset decks to take in the east rising sun and the west setting sunsets.
- River Point’s magnificent peninsula provides unparalleled Boundary Waters canoe trip lodging.
- Why settle for less?
We know you’re looking for Boundary Waters canoe trips lodging options that are both economical and pleasant, clean and private. And, that is what we have at River Point Outfitting Co.
Our staff takes great pride in maintaining the facility providing our canoeing guests with what they expect and need prior to a canoe trip. Hey, we all know that canoe trips involve some level of work, so let’s enjoy the natural world at “lakefront level” the night before….with some creature comforts and amenities.
Your Adventure Is Waiting™ Paddle the Quiet Side®
One of the finest Boundary Waters Canoe Trips Outfitters