LODGING AT RIVER POINT OUTFITTING CO.
Boundary Waters canoe trip lodging is available at the Paddle the Quiet Side® location of River Point Outfitting Co. for canoeing guests going into the famous Boundary Waters Canoe Area wilderness. Most guests arrive the day prior to their trip to accommodate the need for orientation and final route planning, to review paddling skills, to fish, swim, or relax. Your Boundary Waters canoe trip lodging is available at River Point along with most everything else needed for your canoe trip.
BUNKHOUSES – LAKEFRONT – AIR CONDITIONING
- Lakefront with west views to catch the setting sunsets. Great location
- Picnic tables provided for dining and conversation.
- A fire pit is adjacent to the Bunkhouses with complimentary firewood, split and stacked for ambiance and simple open fire cooking
- Each private Bunkhouse has a private entrance.
- Two sets of twin bunk beds in each Bunkhouse.
- Small refrigerator, microwave oven, and drip coffee pot provided for convenience in doing your own simple breakfast on the morning of the canoe trip “start” day. Potable water immediately adjacent.
- Sleep bags are provided for completely outfitted groups without fee the night before the canoe trip
$28/night per person the night prior to the canoe trip (minimum $84/night per Bunkhouse).
SHOWER HOUSES – CUSTOM CERAMIC TILE – CLEAN PRIVACY
- Private bathrooms with spacious showers are beautifully appointed with high quality custom ceramic tile throughout and detailed craftsmanship
- Vanity with sinks, large wall mirrors, hairdryers, and other appointments
- Excellent lighting, cleanliness, and privacy
- Complimentary showers before and after the canoe trip for completely outfitted guests (provide own towel)
- Complimentary showers after the canoe trip are complimentary for partially outfitted guests who rent a minimum of one canoe (provide own towel)
- Dependent upon bunkhouse availability this lodging choice is generally not an option for groups after their canoe trip. If available the rate is $36 night per person (minimum $108 night per Bunkhouse)
- Please refer to one and two bedroom Villas for Boundary Waters canoe trip lodging options after the canoe trip.
- Groups that have all their own canoes and equipment, and just need lodging, should refer to either River Point Villas for lodging choices.
“We had arranged to stay in a bunkhouse for the night before we set out on our trip. Having used several other outfitters in the past, we didn’t have very high expectations for the bunkhouse accommodations we’d find. However, we were pleased to discover the bunkhouses were clean and comfortable, with a table and sundeck, we could use to organize our gear for the trip. The nearby private bath and shower rooms were a pleasant surprise as well. Updated and modern, and so clean, they were just what we needed after a long drive north. As evening settled in, we were able to enjoy a campfire and the fire ring outside the bunkhouse and gaze at the stars we would get to know so well over the next five days.”
– Chip M., St. Charles, MN
TENT CAMPING AREA – LAKEFRONT
- Tent Camping Area with private bathrooms and spacious custom ceramic showers adjacent
- Sleeping bags and sleep pads are provided without fee for completely outfitted groups the night before the canoe trip
- Sleeping bags and sleep pads may be rented by completely outfitted groups the night after the canoe trip
- Refer to Canoe and Camping Equipment Rentals for sleep bag and sleep pad rates
- Complimentary showers for completely outfitted guests before and after the canoe trip (provide own towel)
- Complimentary showers after the canoe trip for partially outfitted guests who rent a minimum of one canoe (provide own towel)
$12/night per person the night before the canoe trip if pitching your own tent
No Tents? River Point will pitch a tent or tents for $25/person for use the night prior to the canoe trip
Villas and Evergreen Chalet: BOUNDARY WATERS CANOE TRIP LODGING CHOICES
River Point Villas – Lakefront – High Comfort
- Three beautiful, spacious one-bedroom and two-bedroom Villas
- Full kitchens with electric appliances, including dishwasher, drip coffee pots, and all other equipment
- Airy, light-filled living room
- Comfortable furnishings with designer touches
- Wood burning fireplaces with complimentary split and stacked firewood to take the chill out if evenings are a bit cool
- Electric baseboard heat
- Custom ceramic bath with showers and double whirlpool tubs. Great for relaxing in both before and after the trip…tired muscles unwind!
- Air Conditioned
- Private patio or sundeck with tables and chairs, lounging chairs, and Weber gas grills to enjoy the lakefront views
- Save by dining-in, instead of dining at a restaurant. Local grocery store and convenience stores in Ely, just 15 minutes away, have plenty of great food options
Evergreen Chalet – Lakeview – High Comfort
- Spacious one-bedroom Chalet with full bed, a set of twin bunk beds, plus a full sleeper sofa in the living room
- Full kitchen with electric appliances, including dishwasher, drip coffee pots, and all other equipment, plus log table and chairs for dining
- Light-filled living room
- Comfortable furnishings
- In-floor radiant heat
- Custom ceramic bathroom with walk in shower and designer touches
- Air Conditioned
- Private entrance and private sundeck with table and chairs and Weber gas grill to enjoy the sunset
- Save by dining-in, instead of dining at a restaurant. Local grocery store and convenience stores have plenty of great food options
SAFE PARKING – CANOE INSTRUCTION – BAIT & TACKLE SHOP
- Free vehicle parking in two safe and spacious on site parking lots surrounded by birch and pine trees and the South Kawishiwi River on River Point’s private property
- Personalized, friendly, and complimentary canoeing instruction available to brush up on your skills or learn for the first time prior to the canoe trip start
- Bait & Tackle shop, with proven Boundary Waters outfitter lures and bait
- Complimentary fish cleaning between 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
- Shore fishing from the central Marina docks
BEACHES – FLOATING ISLAND RAFTS -FREE KAYAKS & SUP’S
- Two sand beaches to swim at before and after the canoe trip. Enjoy the swimming weather
- Complimentary floating island raft with slide offers fun water times at the north beach; hard surface swim-to raft at the south beach
- Complimentary (SUP’s) stand up paddle boards, paddle boats, and sit-on-top kayaks, plus child size playaks
LODGE – GIFT SHOP – HIKING TRAIL – GUEST LAUNDRY
- Wildwood Lodge completely finished in knotty pine featuring a beautifully appointed lounging area with stone fireplace
- Wolf Den Gift Shop, offering authentic North Country gifts, souvenirs and clothing
- Trail of Reflections Hiking Trail with more than 2 miles of lake shoreline and forest hiking
- Guest Laundry to take care of soiled garments before heading home.
SUNRISE AND SUNSET DECKS
- Sunrise and sunset decks to take in the east rising sun and the west setting sunsets.
- River Point’s magnificent peninsula provides unparalleled Boundary Waters canoe trip lodging.
- Why settle for less?
We know you’re looking for Boundary Waters canoe trips lodging options that are both economical and pleasant, clean and private. And, that is what we have at River Point Outfitting Co.
Our staff takes great pride in maintaining the facility providing our canoeing guests with what they expect and need prior to a canoe trip. Hey, we all know that canoe trips involve some level of work, so let’s enjoy the natural world at the “lakefront level” the night before….with some creature comforts and amenities.
Your Adventure Is Waiting™ Paddle the Quiet Side®
One of the finest Boundary Waters Canoe Trips Outfitters