HAVE LIMITED TIME – PERFECT OPTION
Guided day trips into the iconic Boundary Waters BWCA is the perfect option if you have limited time in the North Country of Minnesota and want to spend it sampling the beauty and tranquility of the famous Boundary Waters Canoe Area by doing a canoe trip for just a day. River Point Outfitting Co. along with River Point Resort can offer loads of guidance, lodging accommodations, and a fun-filled day of paddling and exploring.
FISHING – BIRDING – PLANTS – WILDLIFE- PICTOGRAPHS
Our knowledgeable guides will provide an introduction to the Boundary Waters BWCA. Guided day trips may be fishing focused, or the focus may be to paddle, for birding, photography, identifying plants, catching glimpses of wildlife, and simply for the enjoyment of the incredible scenery and peacefulness of the wilderness. Or, it could be to view some of the finest examples of Native American paintings or pictographs at the Hegman Lake entry point in the BWCA.
All necessary equipment will be provided to make this a memorable experience for your personalized guided day trip into the famous Boundary Waters.
Nonrefundable Deposit: $100/person
Rates are per person and include the following:
- Life Jackets
- Live Bait (if the focus of the day is on fishing)
- Bountiful lunch – maybe even a fish fry!
- Comfortable van transport to the BWCA entry point(no need to drive your vehicle)
- Guide’s Expertise
A typical day trip begins at approximately 7:30 am. Return is approximately 3:30 pm.
- Fishing license, small van gas surcharge, tax, and 6% resort fee additional
- Guide gratuity is additional. Guide gratuity is discretionary and encouraged.
- Rates subject to change without notice.
- Non-River Point Guest Rate: add 15% to rates indicated
WHAT TO BRING ON GUIDED DAY TRIPS
- Rain gear jacket and pants
- Broad-brimmed hat
- Layers of clothing
- Filled water bottle or beverages of your choice in plastic containers*
- Snacks, if desired
- Insect repellent
- MN fishing licenses, if you will fish
- Small tackle box, if you will fish
- Fishing tackle, or purchase from River Point handy Tackle Shop
- Rod and reel, or rent from River Point at $6/each
*River Point Resort & Outfitting Co. has a Bait and Tackle Shop onsite for purchases of tackle, rods and reels and more. If the focus of your day trip is fishing, the guide will assist with suggesting proven BWCA tackle for our much awaited guided day trips into the famous Boundary Waters.
Tax, fishing tackle, are additional on all guided day trips.
Rates subject to change.
*Cans and glass are prohibited in the BWCA.
- Pets are not allowed on guided day trips.
- A child under the age 6 when, accompanied by a paying parent or legal guardian (minimum of two adults in the party) is not free on completely outfitted trips that have a guide. The “6 & under free” option only applies to self-guided canoe trips.
- Discounts including the Senior Citizen discount (63+) do not apply on guided day trips.
Guided Boundary Waters day canoe trips give present a sampling of the BWCA, so you learn what to expect and you experience first-hand just how beautiful a natural wilderness area can be. It may even “wet your appetite” to take a longer canoe trip for several days and nights.