Guided Boundary Waters canoe trips can be a great choice when you know you want to do the Boundary Waters, but aren’t certain of your wilderness skills, or you need another adult to help with paddling and other aspects of the adventure. Maybe your group is a family with smaller children or seniors that may need the extra help of an experienced guide. Whatever, the reason, a guided canoe trip may be right for you.
No list of the best in secluded wilderness vacation getaways would be complete without the Midwest’s crown jewel, the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness adjacent to Ely, Minnesota. Named one of the “50 Places of a Lifetime” to visit by National Geographic Traveler, this remote wilderness area stretches some 1.1 million acres across the border of northern Minnesota and Canada.
Charles Kuralt noted, “If it is absolute solitude you want, you have only to paddle far enough.”
GUIDED BOUNDARY WATERS CANOE TRIPS – WE CAN HELP
From River Point’s strategically located lake base in Ely, Minnesota, a number of superb guided Boundary Waters canoe trips and their associated routes can be accessed. Simply indicate your interests and the time of year you want to paddle and a perfect customized guided wilderness adventure will be tailored for you, your family, your group!
A guided Boundary Waters canoe trip may include sight-seeing, bird watching, photography, wildlife viewing for white tail deer, wolves, fox, and other animals of the Boundary Waters are popular choices. Guided BWCA canoe trips may also focus on the beauty and peacefulness of the BWCA, waterfalls, and viewing pictographs. Combined with learning more about the geology, the plants, ecology of the wilderness, and the history can enhance your wilderness adventure.
GUIDED BOUNDARY WATERS FISHING TRIPS
One of the primary reasons people choose to have a guide is to help them catch fish. River Point’s guides are expert fisher people and will teach you many of the details of fishing from a canoe and being successful. Guides will also share their skills on filleting the fish and cooking them over an open fire and an array of other wilderness skills.
Guided Boundary Waters trips are great for team building programs, clubs, and couples adventure travel. Any date (dependent upon USFS travel permit availability) and itinerary can be accommodated, as our Boundary Waters guides are experienced and knowledgeable in all permit areas of the BWCA for Boundary Waters guided canoe trips.
2018 Guided Boundary Waters Canoe Trip Rates
|2 Persons||3 Persons||4 Persons||5 Persons||6 Persons||7 Persons||8 Persons|
- Guide Expertise
- Fully outfitted Comfort Plus Package™ with the lightest Kevlar canoes, backrest canoe/camp chairs, upgraded packsacks, Nemo state-of-the art sleep pads, comfy pillows, water purification system, Seal Line waterproof stuff sacks, and all other canoeing and camping equipment, maps, and fine trail food
- Safe Van Transport to and from Entry/Exit point, unless paddling back to River Point via the South Kawishiwi River
- Parking for your vehicles in a safe, onsite parking lot
- Showers before and after your trip in private fully custom ceramic showers beautifully appointed
Nonrefundable Deposit: $250/person
Tax, MN Fishing License, Bait, Tackle, Small van transport gas surcharge, Guide Gratuity, USFS Permit & User Fees are additional.
- Minimum of 2 persons; maximum of 8 persons
- Maximum length of guided trips offered is 6 days, 5 nights
- Any discount, including the 5% Senior Citizen Discount (age 63+), does not apply on guided Boundary Waters canoe trips.
- Pets are not allowed on guided canoe trips.
- A child, age 6 & under, when accompanied by a paying parent or legal guardian (minimum of two adultsin the pary) is not free on completely outfitted trips that have a guide. The “6 & under free” option applies to self-guided canoe trips.
- Rates subject to change
Looking for a guided BWCA trip that’s got a little different focus, along with paddling, camping, photography, and tranquility. Then, find out more about River Point Outfitting Co.’s Wolf Howl Guided Group Trip. This guided Boundary Waters canoe trip is a group type of trip. Perfect for two or three couples, or a group of friends that all want to do similar activities.
Make some wilderness memories when going on a guided Boundary Waters canoe trips expedition. You’ll be happy for the experience of paddling through a world class wilderness area, the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness.
Life is good to those who know how to live. I do not ever hope to accumulate great funds of worldly wealth, but I shall accumulate something far more valuable, a store of wonderful memories. When I reach the twilight of life I shall look back and say I’m glad I lived as I did, life has been good to me.
– Sigurd Olson