Nonprofit Youth Group Canoe Outfitting with Seven Or More Persons
Nonprofit youth group canoe outfitting for organizations such as Boy Scouts BSA, Girl Scouts GSA, high adventure groups, church groups, school groups, and other non-profit organizations is offered by River Point Outfitting Co. in Ely, MN. Rates for non-profit groups are offered to groups made up of more youth than adults. Thus, the allowance is for three adult leaders with the rest of the group of up to nine persons being youth age 17 and under.
PREMIER LAKE BASED LOCATION
- Located on Birch Lake and the South Kawishiwi River, River Point is a short 8.5 miles from Ely, Minnesota, on the southeastern edge of the Boundary Waters Canoe Area. This enviable location offers an ideal northern Minnesota wilderness lake setting to begin your canoe trip.
- River Point Outfitting Co. is the only Boundary Waters canoe outfitter located at this strategic location offering direct paddle access to and from eleven different entry points in the Ely/Isabella area, plus service is provided to all other entry points for Boundary Waters or Quetico canoe trips.
- River Point’s private peninsula is so vast there are many places where your group can gather to socialize, review your plans, take part in some of the complimentary outdoor recreation options, and relax the day before the start canoe trip.
Paddle the Quiet Side® Ely Outfitters™
- River Point Outfitting Co. has been offering BWCA canoe trips since 1944. Attention to detail is the hallmark of quality, and River Point excels at noting all the details in their outfitting service. History & Family Tradition.
- Custom designed trips. Following conversations with you regarding the U. S. Forest Service permit system and background information on the Boundary Waters and possible entry point areas and routes that your group may want to explore, the entry point will be selected and reserved for your nonprofit youth group canoe outfitting trip.
There certainly is an advantage for your youth group to use the services of a private canoe outfitting company. River Point is both extremely flexible in working with you to create the very best canoe trip, and also very inclusive in what is offered in the complete outfitting packages. Professional, individual service is the norm at River Point.
NATIONAL PRESS RECOGNITION
- River Point Outfitting Co. was showcased on the CBS Early Show–only canoe outfitter in the Ely and the Gunflint area of Minnesota to be selected for this honor. Corresponding with the Early Show presentation was a feature article in Outside Traveler Magazine. BWCA canoe adventures with River Point was one of just four travel adventures in the U.S. that was selected for inclusion in this article. More>>
- At the same time, Experience Life Magazine (Lifetime Fitness) featured Boundary Waters canoe trips with River Point Outfitting Co. in an article entitled, “Away-From-It-All-Wilderness”.
- River Point’s Ultralight Complete Package has national brand name equipment that is all inclusive…tents, packs, knives, forks, stove and fuel, sleep bags and pads, maps, all the food for every meal on the trail, and much more. You arrive with your personal clothing, personal hygiene products, first aid kit, compass, and rod and reel, if you will fish. No hassle and very easy on the budget. For more information reference: What To Pack .
ULTRALIGHT COMPLETE OUTFITTING PACKAGE
Organized youth groups receive lightweight, clean equipment, Trip Routing, showers, safe van transport, and professional services when selecting the Ultralight Complete Outfitting Package
Use of the adjacent River Point Resort facility before the trip.
Complimentary use of:
- Paddle Boats
- Sit-on-top Kayaks
- Floating Island Rafts
- Hiking Trail
- Pre-trip Planning and Consultation “We spend the time.”
- Trip Planning and Orientation Session with Expert Staff Routers. Waterproof maps included
- Lightweight Equipment (tents, therm-a-rest sleep pads, packsacks, etc.), and aluminum canoes
- Transportation To and From most Ely area entry points without additional fee
- Showers After the Canoe Trip (provide own towels)
- Complimentary personalized canoe instruction from the experienced and friendly River Point staff
- Safe On-Site Vehicle Parking
- Great tasting, lightweight Food Selections from our Menu Planner
- And more>>
Overnight bunkhouse lodging options before the canoe trip are also available at a fee of $21 per person (limited availability).
Planning Well in Advance Equals a Successful Canoe Trip
If you have more than the 9 person limit, which is the maximum allowed under one permit by the U.S.F.S. regulations, your group would divide into subgroups of 9 or less persons. With larger groups, it is always a good idea to begin the planning process earlier, rather than later. Many youth group canoe outfitting plans take place a year out from the actual canoe trip “start” date. Contact River Point Outfitting Co. with all your questions. We take all the time that is needed to discuss more about your trip.