LODGING AT RIVER POINT OUTFITTING CO.
Boundary Waters canoe trip lodging is available at the Paddle the Quiet Side® location of River Point Outfitting Co. for canoeing guests going into the famous Boundary Waters Canoe Area wilderness. Most guests arrive the day prior to their trip to accommodate the need for orientation and final route planning, to review paddling skills, to fish, swim, or relax. Your Boundary Waters canoe trip lodging is available at River Point along with most everything else needed for your canoe trip.
Lodging and Shower Options
- Lakefront Tent Camping Area, with bathroom facilities adjacent are available at $12/night per person the night before the canoe trip. Tents provided at $10 per person, or you can pitch your own tent without fee. Sleeping bags and therm-a-rest sleep pads are provided without fee for completely outfitted groups the night before the canoe trip with tent rental. (This lodging option is generally available only for Non-Profit Youth Groups.)
- Private Bunkhouse Lodging with private entrances and twin bunk beds are available at $19/night per person the night prior to the canoe trip. Sleep bags are provided for completely outfitted groups without fee the night before the canoe trip. Bunkhouses are lakefront and have a fire pit available with complimentary firewood.
Note: 1) Please refer to Chalets for Boundary Waters canoe trip lodging options after the canoe trip 2) Due to limited bunkhouse availability, this lodging choice is generally not an option for groups that have all their own canoes and equipment and just need lodging.
- Showers in the ceramic tile new shower house and restroom facility are complimentary before and after the canoe trip for completely outfitted guests. Partial outfitted guests renting a canoe may enjoy a complimentary shower after the canoe trip. Beautifully and convenient sink area with excellent lighting and privacy.
Tent Camping Area rentals (non-profit Youth Groups only) after the canoe trip do not include complimentary use of sleeping bags and/or sleep pads for completely outfitted groups. Refer to Partial Outfitting Rates for sleep bag and sleep pad rates.
New Boundary Waters Canoe Trip Lodging Option
River Point Chalets
Beautiful, spacious one-bedroom chalets; full kitchens with electric appliances, including dishwasher, airy, light-filled living room with gas fireplace (cozy on cool evenings) and comfortable log furnishings with designer touches. In floor radiant heat throughout so at cooler times of the season, you feet are warm. Plus, beautiful custom ceramic bath with spacious showers. Use your private sundeck with tables and chairs, lounging chairs, and gas grill to enjoy the lake and forest views. Save by dining-in, instead of at a restaurant. Local grocery stores have plenty of great food options. The Chalets are a high comfort Boundary Waters canoe trip lodging choice.
You may also select lakefront lodging in one of River Point’s villas.
Completely outfitted groups renting Boundary Waters canoe trip lodging the night prior to the canoe trip are provided with a bountiful, fresh complimentary breakfast the morning the trip begins. And, for earlier starting times, a convenient breakfast basket loaded with nourishing goodies is offered.
Boundary Waters canoe trip lodging options following the canoe trip: Chalets and Villas. Ely is just a 10-12 minute drive away with many cafes and resturants serving breakfast, or dine in with your own breakfast prior to checking out of your Chalet or Villa.
Safe on-site Parking is available, without charge, for completely outfitted guests, and partially outfitted groups renting a minimum of one canoe per vehicle.
Other conveniences at River Point Outfitting Co.
- Personalized, friendly canoeing instruction available by request
- Guest Laundry
- Bait & Tackle shop, with proven Boundary Waters outfitter lures and bait
- Complimentary fish cleaning between 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
- Shore fishing from the Marina docks
- Wolf Den Gift Shop, offering authentic North Country gifts, souvenirs and camping necessities
- Wildwood Lodge, completely finished in knotty pine, featuring a beautifully appointed lounging area with stone fireplace, and a snack and beverage bar, serving beer, sodas, ice cream, pizza, and more
- Trail of Reflections Hiking Trail with more than 2 miles of lake shoreline and forest hiking
- Two sand beaches
- Floating island rafts
- Complimentary (SUP’s) stand up paddle boards, paddle boats, and sit-on-top kayaks, plus child size playaks
- Sunrise and sunset decks
Paddle the Quiet Side® Ely Outfitters™
One of the finest Boundary Waters Canoe Trips Outfitters