Boundary Waters Guided Trips
Boundary Waters Guided Trips-Boundary Waters Guided Canoe Trips-Guides
River Point Outfitting in Ely, Minnesota
"Paddle the Quiet Side"®
No list of the best in secluded wilderness vacation getaways would be complete without the Midwest's crown jewel, the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness adjacent to Ely, Minnesota. Named one of the "50 Places of a Lifetime" to visit by National Geographic Traveler, this remote wilderness area stretches some 1.1 million acres across the border of northern Minnesota and Canada.
Charles Kuralt noted, "If it is absolute solitude you want, you have only to paddle far enough."
Boundary Waters Guided Trips
Customized Guided Trips
From River Point's strategically located lake base in Ely, Minnesota, a number of great guided Boundary Waters canoe trip routes can be accessed. Simply indicate your interests and the time of year you want to paddle and a perfect customized guided wilderness adventure will be tailored for you, your family, or you and your group!
Customized trips may include sight-seeing, bird watching, photography, wildlife viewing for white tail deer, wolves, fox, and other animals of the Boundary Waters are popular choices.
Guided trips may also focus on the beauty and peacefulness of the BWCA, waterfalls, and viewing pictographs. Combined with learning more about the geology, the plants, ecology of the wilderness, and the history can enhance your wilderness adventure.
Boundary Waters Guided Fishing Trips
One of the primary reasons people choose to have a guide is to help them catch fish. River Point's guides are expert fisherpeople and will teach you many of the details of fishing from a canoe and being successful. Guides will also share their skills on filleting the fish and cooking them over an open fire.
Guided Custom canoe trips are great for team building programs, clubs, and couples adventure travel. Any date (dependent upon USFS travel permit availability) and itinerary can be accommodated, as our Boundary Waters guides are experienced and knowledgeable in all permit areas of the BWCA for Boundary Waters guided trips.
2018 Guided Canoe Trip Rates
(Rates are per person)
|2 Persons||3 Persons||4 Persons||5 Persons||6 Persons||7 Persons||8 Persons|
(Rates are per person)
- Guide Expertise
- Fully outfitted Comfort Plus Package™ with the lightest Kevlar canoes, backrest canoe/camp chairs, upgraded packsacks, Nemo state-of-the art sleep pads, comfy pillows, water purifiation system, Seal Line waterproof stuff sacks, and all other canoeing and camping equipment, maps, and fine trail food
- Safe Van Transport to and from Entry/Exit point, unless paddling back to River Point via the South Kawishwi River
- Parking for your vehicles in a safe, onsite parking lot
- Showers before and after your trip in private fully custom ceramic showers beautifully appointed
Nonrefundable Deposit: $250/person
Tax, MN Fishing License, Bait, Tackle, Small van transport gas surcharge, Guide Gratuity, USFS Permit & User Fees are additional.
- Minimum of 2 persons; maximum of 8 persons
- Maximum length of guided trips offered is 6 days, 5 nights
- Any discount, including the 5% Senior Citizen Discount (age 63+), does not apply on guided trips.
- Pets are not allowed on guided canoe trips.
- A child, age 6 & under, when accompanied by a paying parent or legal guardian (minimum of two adultsin the pary) is not free on completely outfitted trips that have a guide. The "6 & under free" option applies to self-guided canoe trips.
- Rates subject to change
For a multitude of vacationers to the famous Boundary Waters, guided fishing trips are only half the reason for visiting this incredibly vast wilderness area. Adventure and exploration, and yes, relaxation and solitude are what many Boundary Waters travelers are seeking.
Boundary Waters guides enhances this overall experience by lending their knowledge and expertise of the dramatic history of the area, the points of interest, the flora and fauna, and the wildlife. Along your route, you will learn many tips to utilize when you are canoeing and camping in the North Woods of Minnesota and the wilderness of the Boundary Waters Canoe Area.
A Boundary Waters guided canoe trip is the best method to experience all the Boundary Waters BWCA has to offer.
Guides do a tremendous amount of teaching. You will learn how to set up and take down camp, how to pitch the tent, where and how to collect fire wood, how to make a fire and put it out, how to hang the food pack to prevent unwanted animal visitors, fishing techniques, how to clean and cook the fish over the open fire, how to properly lift the canoe onto one's shoulders, and much more. If you are attentive and a good helper, your next Boundary Waters trip could be on your own.
River Point Outfitting Co. also offers:
River Point Outfitting Co.'s Boundary Waters guided canoe trips have been featured in the CBS EARLY SHOW. Try the Wolf Howling Package for adults and family canoeing adventures as written about in Outside Traveler Magazine.
Guided Boundary Waters Day Trip
This is the perfect option if you only have limited time in the North Country of Minnesota and want to spend it sampling the beauty and tranquility of the famous Boundary Waters Canoe Area by paddling for just a day.
Guided Day Canoe Trips:
Our knowledgeable guides will provide an introduction to the Boundary Waters BWCA for you. The day trip may be fishing focused, or the focus may be to paddle, take pictures, and simply for the enjoyment of the incredible scenery. All necessary equipment will be provided to make this a memorable experience on your guided Boundary Waters canoe trip.
|Additional persons||$65 each|
Nonrefundable Deposit: $100/person
Rates are per person and include the following:
- Life Jackets
- Live Bait (if the focus of the day is on fishing)
- Bountiful lunch - maybe even a fish fry!
- Comfortable van transport to the BWCA entry point(no need to drive your vehicle)
- Guide's Expertise
A typical day trip begins at approximately 7:30 am. Return is approximately 3:30 pm.
What To Bring:
- Rain gear jacket and pants
- Brimmed hat
- Water bottle and water or beverages of your choice in plastic containers*
- Insect repellant
- MN fishing licenses, if you will fish
- Fishing tackle, or purchase from River Point handy Tackle Shop
- Rod and reel, or rent from River Point at $6/each
Tax, fishing tackle, and guide gratuity are additional. Rates subject to change.
*Cans and glass are prohibited in the BWCA.
- Pets are not allowed on guided day trips.
- A child under the age 6 when, accompanied by a paying parent or legal guardian (minimum of two adults in the party) is not free on completely outfittedt trips that have a guide. The "6 & under free" option only applies to self-guided canoe trips.
- Discounts including the Senior Citizen discount (63+) do not apply on guided day trips.
Paddle the Quiet Side®
River Point Outfitting Co. Ely Outfitters™
Copyright ©2001 - 2018 River Point Outfitting Co.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED