Boundary Waters Fishing-Guided Trips
Guided Boundary Waters Fishing Trips
Paddle the Quiet Side® with River Point Outfitting Co.
Our in-house, Northwoods fishing guides for Boundary Waters BWCA fishing canoe trips are experienced and congenial. Your trip need not be fishing focused to have a guide, but guided fishing trips make for fantastic "wilderness memories."
Best overall fishing month Up North is the month of June.
If you have not done a BWCA fishing trip before, or even if you have, and would like the help and expertise a fishing guide can offer for your next trip, then our Boundary Waters fishing guide will show you how to enjoy your experience...the tough parts and the easy parts!
River Point's guides provide personalized service to all skill and interest levels, tailoring a guided fishing trip to meet your needs. A wilderness guide experienced in canoeing, camping, and fishing, while not essential, can greatly enhance a canoe trip. Boundary Waters fishing guides know about the history of the area, the wildlife, the species of fish, and the fishing spots, and they know how to best take care of you.
The Boundary Waters fishing guide takes care of many details of your adventure, from filleting the fish, to cooking delicious meals, to teaching you paddling techniques. Our River Point fishing guides are specialists in what they do: part outfitter, part historian, part naturalist, and resident navigator, plus they have a genuine love for canoe camping and the great outdoors.
CUSTOMIZED GUIDED FISHING TRIPS:
The Customized Guided Fishing Trip fee is based on your party size, and is added onto the cost of the Comfort Plus Package (with kevlar canoes, all the food, equipment, and maps) for your party. A Customized Fishing Guided Trip can be for whatever dates fit your schedule the best.
Customized Fishing Guide Rates:
- $295 per day for 2 persons, plus $50 per day per additional person.
- Guide's equipment & food included in this rate
- Guide rate added onto the complete outfitting package chosen (Ultralight Complete Package or Comfort Plus Complete Package)
- Guide available only when renting a Completely Outfitted Package based upon a minimum of two paying adults, even if the party consists of one adult and one child/youth
- Maximum length of guided trip offered is 4 days, 3 nights
Nonrefundable Deposit: $250 per person.
Tax, Fishing Licenses, Bait, Tackle, Small Van Transport Gas Surcharge, Guide Gratuity, USFS Permit & User Fees are additional.
- Minimum of 2 persons; maximum of 8 persons.
- 5% Senior Citizen Discount does not apply on guided trips
- Pets not allowed on guided canoe trips
- A child, age 6 & under, when accompanied by a paying parent or legal guardian (minimu of 2 adults in the party) is not free on completely outfitted trips that have a guide. the "6 & under free" option applies to self-guided trips
- Rates subject to change
How do you get to the exact right lake, and that perfect fishing hole?
A River Point guide is the answer!
With a guide, you will learn the "ways of the wilderness" and have a great time doing it.
Boundary Waters Guided FishingTrip
Some of the world's best fresh water fishing lies in the famous Boundary Waters Canoe Area wilderness, including feisty smallmouth bass, golden walleyes, and giant northern pike. You will enjoy the most gorgeous scenery in Minnesota at the same time. The cool, clean waters are teeming with trophy size fish, as well as the "perfect-size eaters." Truly, the Boundary Waters is an angler's (or a fly-fisherperson's) paradise!
June is a great time for a Boundary Waters fishing trip. Your River Point guide will share his knowledge of different rods, angling and fly-fishing techniques, presentations, and much more. Be prepared for exciting fishing and a superb amount of old-fashioned FUN! Catch and Release is practiced, but plan on delicious fish fries back at the campsite, too!
Bring your favorite rods and reels for spinning, bait-casting, and fly fishing, lures, and tackle. You can also check out the on-site Bait and Tackle Shop at River Point Outfitting.
Superb bunch of crappies!
To better prepare for your Boundary Waters Guided Fishing Trip, make certain that you also secure:
Lodging the night prior to the trip:When reserving lodging the night prior to the trip, you also will enjoy without fee, the following bonus items:
- Breakfast the morning of the start of the canoe trip. Bountiful continental breakfast in the Wildwood Lodge with your guide. Great way to start off the trip.
- Showers before and after the trip
- Full use of River Point's water-based peninsula of land on Birch Lake and the South Kawishiwi River. Explore, swim at the two sand beaches, have fun at the "swim to" island rafts, hike the private trail, relax at the many picturesque decks and "green" spaces in chaise loungers while enjoying the views, and shop at Wolf Den Gifts for a special souvenir.
USFS Permit & User Fees, Tax, Fishing License, Bait, and Guide Gratuity are additional.
Bunkhouse or Chalet lodging at River Point after the Boundary Waters fishing canoe trip is optional.
- 5% Senior Citizen Discount does not apply on guided trips.
- Pets are not allowed on guided canoe trip.
- A child, age 6 & under, when accompaied by a paying parent or legal guardian (minimum of two adults in the party) is not free on completely outfitted trips that have a guide. The "6 & under free" option applies to self-guided canoe trips.
...Paddle the Quiet Side®...
River Point Outfitting Co.
Copyright ©2001 - 2017 River Point Outfitting Co.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED